The Greatest Gluten-Free Cookies You Can Make in 10 Minutes

If you're like me, you love cookies. When I was growing up, I would just scavenge the house looking for treats. If my mom ever made cookies, they did not last long. When I went gluten-free, I was super worried that I'd have to give up good cookies. Because, to be perfectly honest, storebought gluten-free cookies are not that good. But I'm here to tell you there's hope! Here's a recipe for the greatest gluten-free cookies and you can make them in 10 minutes. I'd call that a win.

(Image Source)

These cookies are a play on regular chocolate chip cookies, but they're made with chocolate pudding. My husband calls them hot cocoa cookies because they taste like you're drinking hot cocoa!

Click here to tweet it!

If you're looking for a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, this recipe works for that too -- just make them with vanilla pudding instead. They're just as good.

If you'd like to learn more about the do's and don't's of basic gluten-free baking, read this article.

Why Pudding Mix?

Most cookie recipes don't have pudding mix. You may be asking yourself why this one does. Well, I'll tell you. The pudding mix adds this incredible tenderness to the cookies. It gives them a much softer interior while keeping a nice firm outer shell. You're going to love it!

(Image Source)

Possible Substitutions

As I said before, you can easily substitute vanilla pudding to make traditional chocolate chip cookies. You could also use milk chocolate chips instead for a sweeter cookie. I think it would also taste especially good to add mini marshmallows or toasted coconut. These cookies very easily lend themselves to additions.

How to Make Gluten-Free Hot Cocoa Cookies

Recipe adapted from here.

What You'll Need

  • ¾ cup softened salted butter
  • ¾ cup brown sugar 
  • ¼ cup white sugar
  • 1 package instant pudding, chocolate
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 ½ teaspoons salt
  • 2 ¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (I like Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 flour, whatever you use, make sure it has xanthan gum)
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

How to Make them

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Cream butter and sugars.
  3. Add pudding, eggs, and vanilla. Mix.
  4. Add salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix until smooth.
  5. Pour in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
  6. Portion into balls about the size of a tablespoon. Place on lined and oiled baking sheet a couple inches apart.
  7. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
These cookies are great with milk. Enjoy!

Comments